Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the time keepers


The time on my mobile read 19:27 and I told myself three more minutes...
I had just then realised how much it had gotten into me..I was a devout follower of my self-proposed theory of procrastination.
Back in my college days when I was half as lazy and twice as energetic as I am now, I had devised my own theory, to silence my ever so noisy conscience, when it came to matters of doing ..well to be honest.. Anything!Especially when it came to waking up from a nap..man the kind of reasons I had to come up with to convince my conscience that the world can wait..phew!
I call it the 'Theory of Round figures'. It has absolutely nothing to do with figurines which are round or anythin else which your imagination might conjure up on seeing this name.
According to this theory, within quotes, "Any activity which requires your immediate attention and action can always wait for the nearest round figure time. No event could be as far away from the time it should be acted upon than a mere half hour"...Wow..feels good to know that even I have the ability to complicate the un-complicatable!
Put in understandable terms...a 19:27 activity can be shifted to a 19:30 activity and a 19:31 activity has but no choice but to wait for the clock to strike 20:00..a mere half hour wait.
Having been an avid practioner of this theory for the last 3-4 years, I tell you it has amazing results when it comes to silencing your conscience. the poor chap switches off even before he gets to turn himself on!
Yes, I do find it difficult to, knee deep in my wonderful farce of an excuse to sleep longer,reverse the effect, a theory to wake up is what I desire now.
I would love to discover a theory to counter mine and wake up my good ol' conscience...miss the chatter...incase any of ya'll have one...please for the good of my life..let me know!

6 comments:

Psycho McCrazy said...

hey, this is one theory even the amstermind of theories, Stinson, would have trouble coming up with....

and do not expect any counter-theories from me... i myself am a devout follower of such a thing, oblivious of the fact that it has been given a name :)

Unknown said...

now we know why you write a blog only once a month..
m sure the clock just doesn't stay still at a round figure time for you to start writing ;)

Jerrin said...

guys thnx for the comments!
psycho..: that's a compliment i don't think i deserve.. i mean can anyone beat Mr. Stinson:)

hareesha: exactly! i guess i'll stop the clock next time i wish to do smthn worthwhile!

Scarface said...

Procrastination is not just a habit. Its a way of life. It is a religion of which we are all sincere followers. Its the spirit that brings us together. Do not hurry. We still have a lot of time to get rid of procrastination.

Roy said...

Yeah, it's a good theory. Suits me too. I think I am going to take it up myself! Thanks for englightening me, o learned One! I was looking for justification to my procrastination and you've given me the perfecr answers.

kriti said...

good.. i liked the theory... i definitely will try it out sometime.